DR WILLIAM PORTUESE | 1101 MADISON ST #1280 SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 98104 | (206) 624-6200
Dr William Portuese - Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in Seattle WA

Rhinoplasty Seattle Washington – ( Nose Job )

Rhinoplasty means to change form, shape or function of the nose. It is also referred to as a nose job and is performed for purely cosmetic reasons. It is a surgical procedure that is performed to bring the nose to a more harmonious balance with the rest of the face. A septoplasty is performed to improve a person’s functional breathing from the inside of the nose and to improve the airflow dynamics through the nose. The nose is one of the most defining characteristics of the face. Nasal reshaping and contouring involves performing a three dimensional surgery to bring harmonious balance with the rest of the facial features. Rhinoplasty or a nose job is performed by Dr. William Portuese on a diverse age group (16 through 80) to reshape and sculpt the nose to a natural new nose that fits the facial features on the individual patient.

Before and After Rhinoplasty

Interestingly, a subtle change or a seemingly large change can make an aesthetic difference for the patients’ desired outcome, however the change of the nose is not typically detected by others. In addition, Dr. Portuese performs the Closed Rhinoplasty Technique, so the incisions are placed on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is performed under a general anesthetic.

Following rhinoplasty surgery, there is a 10% chance that a small revision touch-up may be needed. This would be performed when a significant amount of healing has taken place – typically not before 6-12 months following the initial surgery. Dr. Portuese does not charge an additional surgical fee for this procedure, however anesthesia would have a small touch up fee.

Frequently Asked Questions About Nose Surgery

How much does a rhinoplasty cost?
The cost of a rhinoplasty is driven by 3 fees, which include time under anesthesia, time in the operating room, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure. It is also important to factor in costs of a touchup, if needed at one year after the procedure. The cost to perform the procedure at the Seattle Rhinoplasty Surgery Center is much less expensive than performing it in a hospital setting. Click here to find the price list for a rhinoplasty.

What is the Recovery time and down time after a rhinoplasty procedure?
The rhinoplasty procedure is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. Patients experience some degree of a hangover the first day of the procedure. A cast is applied across the bridge of the nose and is left in place for 6 days. Visible bruising and swelling in our practice lasts approximately 10-14 days. The amount of swelling and bruising patient’s experience is quite variable. Patients are able to return to work or social activities and exercise at 14 days after the surgery.

What is the long term recovery time after a rhinoplasty procedure?
The recovery after a rhinoplasty procedure involves the immediate term which is 2 weeks of visible bruising and swelling after the surgical procedure. Depending upon the skin type and techniques performed, it may take several months to start to see what new nose may look like. The tip of the nose stays swollen for the longest period of time after the surgery. Approximately 60-70% of the swelling in the nose is dissipated at one month and approximately 80% dissipated at 3 months. The remaining 20% of swelling tends to stay in the tip of the nose and can take a full year for full healing to take effect.

Consultation Process

  • The technique of Rhinoplasty explained.
  • Realistic expectations reviewed.
  • Patient’s opportunity to express what they would like to change about their nose.
  • Patient’s medical history.
  • Patient’s physical examination.
  • General anesthesia.
  • The Seattle Rhinoplasty Center.
  • Pre- and postoperative instructions.
  • Common risks, alternatives, and relative expectations.
  • All previous operative notes, records, and/or CT scans of the sinuses (the scan and the report).
  • Previous medical history that is pertinent from an anesthesia standpoint.
  • Recent or past injuries to the nose.
  • Current breathing problems.
  • Allergies to any medications.
  • Prescription medications, herbal supplements, and nasal spray usage.
  • Follow-up visits, costs and scheduling.

If you are considering nasal contouring in Seattle WA contact Dr. William Portuese at 206-624-6200

Useful Links
Frequently Asked Questions
Nose Issue Information and Diagrams
Sinus Surgery Brochure
Patient’s Complete Guide to Rhinoplasty©

Upload Your OWN Photo - See What You Would Look Like With A New Nose

Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Washington State Medical Association American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Real Self