Exploring the Benefits of Rhinoplasty in Portland Oregon
Rhinoplasty, also known as a “nose job,” is a surgical procedure that is used to alter the shape, size, or function of the nose. The procedure can be performed for both cosmetic and medical purposes.
Cosmetically, rhinoplasty is often used to improve the appearance of the nose by changing its size or shape. For example, a person may want to make their nose smaller, or to change the shape of the tip or bridge of the nose. Rhinoplasty can also be used to correct problems caused by birth defects, injury, or previous surgery.
Medical rhinoplasty, also known as functional rhinoplasty, is a type of surgery that is performed to improve the function of the nose. This can include procedures to improve breathing, such as the removal of a deviated septum or the reduction of nasal obstructions.
The procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia, and the surgeon will make incisions inside the nostrils or across the columella (the area between the nostrils). Through these incisions, the surgeon will reshape the bone and cartilage of the nose to achieve the desired shape or function.
After the surgery, the patient will typically experience some swelling and bruising, which will gradually subside over the course of a few weeks. It can take several months for the final results of the surgery to become fully apparent.
Rhinoplasty is a major surgical procedure and should be carefully considered before undergoing treatment. It is important to discuss all of the potential risks and benefits with a qualified plastic surgeon before deciding to undergo the procedure.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
- Improved appearance: Rhinoplasty can be used to alter the size or shape of the nose, improving its overall appearance. This can include making the nose smaller or changing the shape of the tip or bridge.
- Improved function: Medical rhinoplasty, also known as functional rhinoplasty, is a type of surgery that is performed to improve the function of the nose. This can include procedures to improve breathing, such as the removal of a deviated septum or the reduction of nasal obstructions.
- Correction of birth defects: Rhinoplasty can be used to correct problems caused by birth defects, such as a crooked nose or a nose that is too large or too small.
- Correction of injuries: The procedure can also be used to repair damage caused by injury, such as a broken nose.
- Improvement of self-esteem: Many people who undergo rhinoplasty report an improvement in their self-esteem and confidence following the procedure.
Types of Nose Surgery
- Reduction rhinoplasty: This procedure is used to make the nose smaller or to reduce the size of certain features, such as the nostrils or the bridge of the nose.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty: This procedure is used to make the nose larger or to add volume to certain areas, such as the bridge of the nose.
- Tip plasty: This procedure is used to alter the shape of the tip of the nose, such as making it more pointed or rounded.
- Alar base reduction: This procedure is used to reduce the size of the nostrils.
- Nasal correction: This procedure is used to correct problems with the structure of the nose, such as a deviated septum or nasal obstructions.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty: This procedure is used to alter the nose to better fit with the patient’s ethnic or cultural background.
Nose Surgery Cost
$8,850 – $9,350 (Surgeon & Operating Room) + $980 (Anesthesia)
Rhinoplasty Procedure (Complex/Revision Rhinoplasty):
$10,500 – $11,500 (Surgeon & Operating Room) + $1176(Anesthesia)
Closed Rhinoplasty for the overly projecting nose
The overly projecting nose is usually caused from a developmental over-projection of the nasal septal cartilage and nasal bones along the dorsum skin. The tip cartilages also contribute to the over projection to some degree. Many cosmetic patients who have an overly projecting nose, also have an under projecting chin.
When patients have a weak and recessive chin profile, our facial plastic surgeons will recommend a chin implant placement procedure, which will help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. It’s very important to look at the relationship between the chin and the nose, when patients have an overly projecting nose. Most patients who have an overly projecting nose also have a large dorsal hump, which must be shaved down in order to remove it successfully in our medical approach. The cartilaginous dorsal hump is removed with knife or scissors, while the bony dorsal hump is removed with an osteotome or a rasp.
When patients have a wide tip in association with an over projected nose, a conservative cartilage removal and suture techniques are required to narrow the tip to be in alignment with the new, less projecting bridge line. Non surgical rhinoplasty using injectables is not a permanent solution. for nose surgery portland. Some patients who have an overly projecting development of the nasal septum with an over projected nose have normal or underdeveloped nasal tip cartilages, therefore no tip surgery is performed on them. When decreasing the overall projection of the nose, there are multiple techniques during the rhinoplasty procedure that can accomplish this goal. In most cases, however the amount of de-projection is never as much as the patient would like. Communication between the rhinoplasty surgeon and the patient is of utmost importance and care to make sure both understand what the rhinoplasty rejuvenation procedures can accomplish. Cosmetic computer imaging is of some benefit to help with the communication process.
The recovery process following rhinoplasty, also known as a “nose job,” can vary depending on the specific details of the procedure and the individual patient. However, there are some general steps that are typically involved in the recovery process.
- Rest and recovery: Immediately following the surgery, it is important to get plenty of rest and avoid strenuous activities. The patient will likely experience some swelling and bruising around the nose and eyes, which will gradually subside over the course of a few weeks.
- Pain management: The patient may experience some pain and discomfort following the surgery, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by the surgeon.
- Wearing a splint: The patient will likely be required to wear a splint on the outside of the nose for the first week or two to help support the newly reshaped nose.
- Follow-up appointments: The patient will need to attend follow-up appointments with the surgeon to ensure that the recovery is progressing as expected. At these appointments, the surgeon will check the healing of the incisions and assess the overall appearance of the nose.
- Avoiding certain activities: The patient will need to avoid certain activities during the recovery period, such as blowing their nose or wearing glasses. The surgeon will provide specific instructions on what activities to avoid.
Questions to ask your doctor
- Are you board-certified in plastic surgery?
- How many times have you performed this procedure?
- What can I expect during the procedure and recovery period?
- What are the potential risks and complications of the procedure?
- What are the long-term effects of the procedure?
- What are my options if I am not satisfied with the results?
- How much does the procedure cost and is financing available?
- Do you have before-and-after photos of patients who have undergone this procedure that I can review?
- What kind of follow-up care will I need after the procedure?
- Will I need to take time off work or other activities following the procedure?
Visit https://www.portlandfacial.com/ for more information about rhinoplasty procedure. For top medical care and experience come see us – board certified facial plastic surgeon William Portuese and Joseph Shvidler.
Oregon is a beautiful state in the Pacific Northwest area of the western United States. The Columbia River defines much of the northern border with Washington, while the Snake River boundaries much of its western boundary with Idaho and California. The 42 degrees north latitude also delineates the northern border with Alaska. The state of Oregon is located between the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean and the U.S. Eastern Slope. Oregon is one of the most populous states of the United States with an estimated population of approximately 7 million. There are a total of nine counties in Oregon, with Multnomah County and Clore County being the state’s two major counties. The counties of Wilson, Hood, Putnam, Gresham, Washington, Multnomah, Putnam and Lincoln City are the smallest cities in the state.
About Portland Oregon
Portland is Oregon’s largest city which sits on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Hood. Well known for parks, bridges and bicycle paths, as well as for its eco-friendliness and its microbreweries and coffeehouses. Iconic Washington Park encompasses sites from the formal Japanese Garden to Oregon Zoo and its railway. The city hosts thriving art, care theater and music scenes
- Weather: 53°F (12°C), Wind N at 6 mph (10 km/h), 50% Humidity
- Population: 645,291 (2019)
- Area codes: 503 and 971
Top Sights to See
Pittock Mansion, Portland Art Museum, Oregon Zoo, Portland Japanese Garden, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
How Far is Portland from Seattle
Portland is 2hr 52 min away from Seattle.
Driving Directions From Portland OR
Our office is located at 1101 Madison St #1280, Seattle, WA 98104
1. Follow I-5 N to 7th Ave in Seattle. Take exit 164A from I-5 N
2. Head northwest toward I-405 N
3. Continue onto I-405 N
4. Use the right 3 lanes to merge onto I-5 N
5. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 164A for Dearborn St toward James St/Madison St
6. Keep right, follow signs for James St
7. Drive to Marion St
8. Continue onto 7th Ave
9. Turn right onto Marion St
Set up an appointment / consultations with – The Seattle Facial Plastic Surgery Center He does not offer body contouring – only facial plastic surgery.
1. A cosmetic rhinoplasty procedure is a surgical process that modifies the nose’s shape.
2. Although it is often done to make the nose seem better, it can sometimes be done for more practical reasons, such as to fix a birth abnormality shape or accident.
3. Both adults and children can undergo the procedure provided if they are in good health.
4. Rhinoplasty procedure is thought to be a technique with a minimal risk of complications and a generally safe outcome.
5. Minor bleeding and bruises following this cosmetic surgery procedure are the most frequent side effects.
6. A rhinoplasty – and ethnic rhinoplasty normally requires one to two weeks for medical rehabilitation.
7. The majority of patients claim to experience some pain and discomfort conditions in the days immediately following surgery, but this normally passes rapidly.
8. It can take several months before you can see the ultimate results of your rhinoplasty.
1. In Portland, Oregon, 2,000 rhinoplasty surgeries were carried out in 2017.
2. In Portland, a rhinoplasty procedure typically costs $8,000 to $12,000.
3. In Portland, cosmetic purposes account for the vast majority of rhinoplasty operations.
4. A variety of nasal defects, such as a deviated septum, a bulbous shape nose, and a crooked nose, can be treated by rhinoplasty.
5. A rhinoplasty recovery period of one to two weeks is usual.
6. According to most cosmetic plastic surgeons and our medical doctor – the majority of patients who have rhinoplasty nose surgery are pleased with the outcome and shape.
7. Though they are uncommon, complications and pain following rhinoplasty nose surgery might include infection, bleeding, and scarring. Photo image study available
King County Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon in Bellevue Wa
Facial Plastic Surgeon in Puget Sound
Rhinoplasty in Spokane WA
Rhinoplasty in Anchorage AK
Portland Nose Job
Rhinoplasty in Vancouver WA
Rhinoplasty Tacoma WA
Nose Jobs Bellevue