Complete Guide to Rhinoplasty©
THE SURGEON AND ANESTHESIOLOGIST
The Baroness Hotel
The Inn at Virginia Mason
The Silver Cloud Hotel
The Sorrento Hotel
APPOINTMENT AND CONSULTATION
- The technique of Rhinoplasty explained.
- Realistic expectations reviewed.
- Patient’s opportunity to express what they would like to change about their nose.
- Patient’s medical history.
- Patient’s physical examination.
- General anesthesia.
- The Seattle Rhinoplasty Center.
- Pre- and postoperative instructions.
- Common risks, alternatives, and relative expectations.
- All previous operative notes, records, and/or CT scans of the sinuses (the scan and the report).
- Previous medical history that is pertinent from an anesthesia standpoint.
- Recent or past injuries to the nose.
- Current breathing problems.
- Allergies to any medications.
- Prescription medications, herbal supplements, and nasal spray usage.
- Follow-up visits, costs and scheduling.
The consultation with facial plastic surgeon Dr. Portuese is a comprehensive review of your nose, your goals and aspirations. It is an opportunity to sit down with Dr. Portuese and discuss your nasal issues. Dr. Portuese will examine the nose during the consultation, both internally and externally. Computer imaging is also performed at the time of the rhinoplasty consultation. Dr. Portuese takes photographs of the profile and through computerized morphing software patients can see what their new nose will look like following a rhinoplasty surgery.
copywrited William Portuese MD, 2007/8