If you are a travel enthusiast and Seattle, US is in cards this year, then believe you me, this is the article meant for you!!
How you ask…….
In this article I am sharing all the MUST DO things at Pike Place Market.
Pike Place Market is no less than a wonderland, it is full of fun and wonders. It is the longest continually run Farmers Market in the United States, have 6 distinct levels and spanned over thirteen buildings. One of the mesmerizing places in Washington, almost impossible for one to see everything in the market in just one trip!
Mostly, the Pike Place Market activities start at 9am and ends by 6pm. The market is swamped with activities and for food lovers’ myriads of options to savor on! Here is a list of best things to do at The Pike Place Market. Enjoy the list!
- Don’t miss to add your gum to the Gum Wall! Be the part of the sticky history and add your gum to The Gum Wall, also known as the second Germiest destination in the world.
- Don’t shy say Hi to Rachel the Pig! Rachel the Pig, a 550-pound piggy bank raises $9,000 to $15,000 per year for the Market Foundation. Just walk to the corner of Pike Street and meet Rachel!
- The Giant Shoe Museum, Don’t Miss It: See the world’s largest collection of giant shoes at the fourth level of the Pike Place Market.
- For Comic Lovers like Me 😎 😎: Visit Golden Age Collectibles, located on the fourth level. It is full of new and old comics. Picture with Bob Ross is a mandate for your gallery.
- Savor Seattle Signature Food Tour of Pike Place Market. Considered to be number one food tour in the Seattle. It will keep you engaged for at least 2 hours, after all it’s about savoring the 110 years old delicacies.
- Grab a Beer at Rachel’s Ginger Beer! Just on the corner of Post Alley and Pine Street lies the shop. Try out Hot Toddy or Blood Orange Ginger Beer.
- Having sweet tooth? Then chocolate covered cherries at Chukar Cherries is for you.
- How can you miss to see the fish fly at the Pike Place Fish Co. when you are at The Pike Place Market.
- Have the best views of Elliot Bay from The Pike Place Market and if you’re lucky and the day is clear then you can even see Olympic Mountain Range and even Mt. Rainier!
- If you are die-hard fond of home cooks then the original Sur La Table Store is a must stop store in The pike Place Market.
- Laugh it out! Walk down to Lower Post Alley and see a comedy show at Unexpected Productions, hilarious comedy show.